All questions and answers on the subject "Certified Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)"

→ ALL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW PRIOR TO TAKING THE CERTIFIED JUNIOR AGILE PROJECT MANAGER CERTIFICATION EXAM.

You can find all the information you need to know about the Certified Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification here.

Am I allowed to use any aid for taking the exam for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

No. The exam must be taken without any aids. The exam is designed, that there is no time to look up solutions. In order to guarantee compliance with these requirements, you must sign a declaration of affirmation at the time of enrollment, which states, that you will take the exam independently and without assistance.

Are there any trainings that help me preparing me for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

Yes, we work together with project management trainers, whose seminar contents are focused on the certification exam for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM). On our website you have the opportunity to send a request via our certification assistant to find the best trainer for you.

Can I build on my IAPM certificate acquired through a certificate recognition?

Yes, you can use your recognized IAPM certificate as a basis for certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM). Prerequisite for certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) is the holding of a certificate as Cert. Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM). A certificate as Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) is not sufficient for certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM).

Can I contact the IAPM in case of ambiguity during the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

No. Questions must be answered independently and without any aids. You have confirmed this by accepting the affidavit and thus agreed to these conditions.

Can I get certified for a higher degree of certification in the course of my certificate recognition?

Certificate recognition is generally possible from the level of Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification. A certificate recognition for the level of the Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) and the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) is not possible. If you have a certificate comparable to the level of the Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) and meet the requirements for the senior certification, you can upgrade to the same Senior. The requirements for Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) are five years of professional experience in the respective PM area, three of those are in a position of significant responsibility. Fees can be found here. An upgrade to Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) is not possible. You will need to take the appropriate certification exam.

Can I interrupt my Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

No. As soon as you have started the exam, the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam begins. For this 35 minutes are scheduled, which cannot be interrupted.

Can I jump back or forward in questions during the exam of the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

No. Once you have left a question page, you cannot switch back.

Can I postpone and post-process questions for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

No. You can neither move backwards within the question set nor skip a question set to edit it later. A question cannot be left until it has been answered.

Can I repeat the exam for the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

Yes you can. If you fail the exam for the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM), you can repeat the test with new questions. The cost of the test will be re-incurred. If you do not pass this exam, there will be a waiting period of 12 months. If you fail the test again, you will not be eligible for any IAPM certification exams and will not be able to repeat it again.

Can I repeat the pre-test for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

No, the pre-test can only be taken once. This test is only intended to determine your level of knowledge before taking the actual certification exam. But if you do not pass the certification exam, you can sign up for certification again. Here you also get the opportunity to take a pre-test again.

Can I subsequently change answers that have been set during the exam for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

As long as you have not left the particular question page, you can correct your answer, but as soon as you move to the next page, a subsequent change to your answer is no longer possible. You cannot move backwards within the questions. You cannot leave the current question page until you have given your answer.

Do I hear my result direclty after finishing the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

Within three working days you will receive the result of your exam by e-mail. If you do not have an e-mail in your inbox within three working days, please check your spam folder.

Do I need any work experience to pass the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

To get the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification, there are no requirements concerning professional experience. For this certification, you need interest in the subject and the willingness to appropriate knowledge.

Does my certificate show the percentage result of my exam for the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

You will find the wording of the result of your examination in your certificate. A scale, which assigns the corresponding percentage to the wording, can be found on the last page of the certificate. 65% - 70%: pass 71% - 80%: good pass 81% - 90%: very good pass 91% - 100%: pass with distinction

Does the result of the pre-test influence the exam of the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

No, your pre-test result is completely independent of your certification exam result. The pre-test reflects your current state of knowledge and should help you to overcome deficits.

How can an IAPM certification positively influence my professional career?

IAPM certifications are objective, valid worldwide and internationally recognized. As an individual, a certification brings you objective confirmation of your knowledge and experience and thus advantages on the job market. Your market value increases and you have better chances for a position in project management. A company that has its employees certified has clear competitive advantages when preparing offers. Companies whose employees are demonstrably competent in project management are more likely to be hired. In addition, all team members speak the same language because the Project Managers' Guide (IAPM) standardises terms and methods. Misunderstandings due to different interpretations of PM terms are thus avoided. IAPM certificate surveys showed that about a quarter of respondents increased their salary or changed their position in the company after certification.

How can I prepare for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

You have the opportunity to prepare for certification on your own. In our extensive bibliography you will find numerous literature suggestions. In any case, you should work through the Agile Project Managers' Guide (IAPM). This guide lists and describes all topics relevant to the exam. Furthermore, you can prepare for your certification in the form of a seminar with one of our certified training partners. In these seminars you will learn all relevant contents in a clear and practical way. Please send us a request via our certification assistant. To test and possibly improve your knowledge in advance, we offer you the opportunity to take a pre-test. The pre-test is an online test that is usefully taken before the actual certification exam. It serves to determine in which subject areas you still have knowledge deficits. After passing the pre-test you will receive an e-mail from us with the evaluation of your test and corresponding recommendations for action. The result of the pre-test does not affect the result of the certification. The pre-test is already automatically included in the certification costs for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM).

How do I get my results from the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

You will receive an e-mail from us within three working days after completing the exam, in which you will find the result of your exam. If you do not have any e-mail in your inbox within three working days, please check your spam folder.

How do I register for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

For certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) register on our website. To do this, you fill out the corresponding application form. In addition to your personal data, you confirm your acceptance of the IAPM guidelines and the affidavit. Please note: If you are interested in certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM), you are automatically registered for the pre-test. You can use the pre-test as exam preparation, but you do not have to. After sending the registration your data will be checked and you will receive the corresponding invoice. This must be paid within 10 days. After receipt of payment you will receive your personal IAPM Identification Code (IAPMIC) and two access links, one for the pre-test and one for the actual certification. This allows you to register for the pre-test and the exam. You have 12 months from receipt of the invoice to pass the pre-test and the inspection.

How do I register for the Pre-Test for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

With the registration for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification you automatically register for the pre-test, which is included in the price. You will then receive two access links via e-mail as well as two personal IAPM Identification Codes (IAPMICs), a link and code for the pre-test and one for the actual certification exam. The links are valid for 12 months after receiving the invoice.

How long do I have time to take the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

Once you have received your invoice, you will have 12 months to take your exam for the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM).

How long is my certificate of Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) valid?

As with a school leaving examination, the driver's licence examination or the final degree, the IAPM certification examinations only have to be taken once and are valid for a lifetime. We are the opinion that every responsible project manager independently expands his knowledge and his horizon of experience. The IAPM does not see itself as a supervisory body. For this reason, we deliberately refrain from costly and time-consuming recertification. This means that your Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) has lifelong validity.

How many questions do I have to answer in the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

The Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam requires 40 questions to be answered within 35 minutes, and you have to complete 65% correctly of the questions to pass the test.

How many questions do I have to answer in the pre-test of the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

For the pre-test, 25 questions must be answered within 20 minutes.

How many questions of the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam do I have to answer properly, to pass?

To pass the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam, you must  answer 65% of the 40 questions correctly within 35 minutes.

How much is the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

The IAPM as an international, world-wide association wants to give as many people as possible the possibility of a certification. Since income varies widely from country to country, for the IAPM the gross domestic product of the country, the prospective examinee holds the citizenship, counts as basis for the certification costs. Here you can see the cost of certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) depending on your citizenship.

How much is the pre-test for Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

The pre-test does not cause any additional costs for you; it is included in the fees for Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification. Please note that you can only take the pre-test once.

How much time do I have to answer the questions of the pre-test for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

For the pre-test, 25 questions must be answered within 20 minutes.

How much time do I have to work on the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

You have 35 minutes to answer the 40 questions during the certification exam to the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM). To pass the exam you must answer 65% of the questions correctly.

Is learning and understanding the contents of the Agile Project Managers' Guide (IAPM) sufficient to pass the Certified Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) exam?

No, that is not sufficient. The Agile Project Managers' Guide (IAPM) forms the basis of the Certified Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam. It merely gives you an overview of the exam-relevant topics that you must master for the exam. To prepare for the certification exam, you should learn the topics in detail. To do this, you can do online research, read the recommended literature, use our web-learning platform, or be trained by one of our training partners.

Is taking the pre-test for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification mandatory?

No. The pre-test is voluntary and is in the cost of certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) already included. We recommend that you use this option to obtain an independent assessment of your level of knowledge before taking the actual certification exam. Please note that you can only take the pre-test once.

To whom is the certification Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) addressed?

The certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) is just the right thing for project management beginners, students or newcomers to project management who want to have their basic project management knowledge documented in order to set the course for their future in project management.

What are the technical requirements for taking the exam with Classmarker?

A current browser and a stable Internet connection are required for a smooth execution of the test. JavaScript and cookies must be activated (usually they are active by default). No plugins such as Java, Flash or ActiveX are necessary. Further information can also be found here.

What happens if I fail the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

If you have failed the exam for certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM), you can repeat the test with new questions. The costs for the test are incurred again. If you do not pass this test either, you will have to wait 12 months. If you fail the test again, you will not be eligible for any further IAPM certification tests and will not be able to take it again.

What happens if the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) exam breaks down for technical reasons?

If the exam should be interrupted for technical reasons, please contact the IAPM support team immediately. The further course is then individually coordinated.

What is the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

The certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) provides the basic theoretical knowledge in the area of agile project management in form of a certificate by an international association. To get the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification, the prospective examinee has to take an online exam. At least 65% of 40 questions must be answered correctly within 35 minutes.

What is the difference between the pre-test and a self-test?

The preparation test for Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) is called a pre-test. The preparation test for all other certifications is called the self-test. However, the purpose is the same: you can take a self-test or pre-test before the actual certification test in order to test your knowledge and correct certain deficits. In terms of content, the questions of the respective preparation test are coordinated with the desired certification. The costs for the pre-test are already included in the certification fee for the Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) and the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM), for all other certifications there are separate costs for the self-test.

What is the pre-test?

The pre-test is a preparatory test for the Certified Junior Project Manager (IAPM) or Certified Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification. There is no extra charge for this test. It is included in the certification fee for Certified Junior Project Manager (IAPM) or Certified Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM), unlike the so-called "self-tests" of the other IAPM certifications. These have to be paid for separately. The pre-test is not an exam and the result will not affect your final exam result. It is designed to help you identify areas of deficiency in your knowledge. Once you have completed the pre-test, you will receive an email from us with an evaluation of your test and recommendations on how to address any gaps in your knowledge. You can then decide whether you want to take your Certified Junior Project Manager (IAPM) or Certified Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) directly, or whether you want to study on your own or attend a preparatory training with one of our IAPM Training Partners. Please note that you can only take the pre-test once and that the access link to the pre-test and certification exam is valid for 12 months from the date of registration.

What is the reason why I do not have to recertify my Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification on a regular base?

As with an school leaving examination, the drivier's licence examination or the final degree, the IAPM certification examinations only have to be taken once and are valid for a lifetime. We are the opinion that every responsible project manager independently expands his knowledge and his horizon of experience. The IAPM does not see itself as a supervisory body. For this reason, we deliberately refrain from costly and time-consuming recertification.

What levels of certification does the IAPM offer?

The IAPM offers: Certification as Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)  Certification as Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM)

Where can I find literature that will help me preparing for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

Our website provides a comprehensive bibliography. This contains recommendations on traditional, agile and international project management. There you will find standard references as well as specific in-depth literature, with which you can rely on the exam of the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM). In any case, we recommend that you read and learn the contents of the Agile Project Managers' Guide (IAPM) of the IAPM in its current version.

Which are the technical requirements to be able to pass the exam with Classmarker?

For a smooth running of the exam, a current browser is required as well as a stable internet connection. JavaScript and cookies must be enabled (they are usually enabled by default). No plugins like Java, Flash or ActiveX are required. Further information can also be found here.

Which certification level is suitable for me?

Depending on your level of knowledge and project management experience, you can choose the certification that suits you best. Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM): This certification is suitable for project management newcomers, students or anyone new to project management who wants to have the basic project management knowledge and set the course for the future in project management. Cert. Project Manager (IAPM): This certification level requires basic knowledge in project management. This knowledge is required to theoretically plan, organise and execute a project well. Work experience is not required for this certification. Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM): The Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) is a certification level that demonstrates your knowledge and extensive practical experience in project management. The practical experience must be at least five years, three years of which in a managerial position or a position with considerable leadership responsibility. Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM): This certification is suitable for newcomers to agile project management / scrum, students or those new to project management, who want to demonstrate their agile project management skills and set the course for their future in agile project management. Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM): This certification level demonstrates your basic knowledge in Agile Project Management. This knowledge is required to organise and execute an agile project in theory. Work experience is not required for this certification. Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM): Here, both your basic knowledge and many years of practical experience in agile project management is certified. The practical experience should be at least five years in agile projects, three of them in a management position or a position with considerable management responsibility. Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM): This is where your basic theoretical knowledge in the field of "International Project Management" is certified. Prerequisite for the certification is an already successfully passed certification to Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM). Work experience is not a requirement for this certification.

Which certification levels are offered by the IAPM?

The IAPM offers: Certification as Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) Certification as Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) Certification to Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) Certification to Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM)

Which documents do I receive after passing the certification exam Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

The certificate documents for your passed exam consist of the following documents: cover letter, certificate and a corresponding report. These documents will be sent to you by e-mail.

Which examination system does the IAPM use?

The IAPM uses the proven Classmarker exam system, which is also used at numerous well-known companies as B. Microsoft, Philipps or Stanford University.

Which requirements do I have to fulfill in order to pass the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

For certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) there are no access requirements. Anyone who is interested in project management and would like to prove their knowledge can apply for this certification.

Which services of the IAPM can not be granted a discount?

Pupils, students or persons who are organised in a non-profit association as active members with an official identity card are granted a discount of 20% on the certification. Certifications as Cert. Project Management Trainer (IAPM), Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager as well as certification upgrades and certification recognitions are excluded from this discount.

Which subject areas do I have to master for the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

Basis for certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) forms the Agile Project Managers' Guide (IAPM) of the IAPM in its current version. This guide lists and describes all topics relevant to the exam. You can get free access to the Agile Project Managers' Guide (IAPM). Further literature can be found in our extensive bibliography.

Which type of question can I expect in the exam for the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

The Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam consists of multiple choice questions, multiple response questions and true / false questions.

Which wording corresponds to the percentage of my exam result of the certification as Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

The following percentage is assigned to the respective percentage result: 65% - 70%: pass 71% - 80%: good pass 81% - 90%: very good pass 91% - 100%: pass with distinction

Who evaluates my Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

Your exam will be electronically evaluated by the Classmarker system.

Why is it not possible to receive the certificate as a hard copy?

For ecological and sustainability reasons, we no longer offer printed certificates, i.e. our certificates are only available in digital form. Therefore, it is unfortunately not possible to send you the certificate by mail. Furthermore, as an internationally operating organisation, a worldwide shipment is linked to some challenges for us. Even if you are located in Liechtenstein, we unfortunately cannot make any exceptions. However, you can have your certificate printed on high-quality paper on your own and show this certificate to your manager or when applying for a job. Your certificate can of course be validated.

Why is the IAPM Identification Code (IAPMIC) noted on my Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certificate?

The IAPM Identification Code (IAPMIC) allows the viewer to verify the authenticity of your certificate on our website.

Why is there no 20% discount on Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification for pupils, students and volunteers?

The Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) is the entry-level agile certification of the IAPM and is often taken by young people who are still studying, by career starters or by people who want to reorient themselves professionally. In order to counter financial hurdles, IAPM already offers this certification at a particularly favourable price, so that no further discounts can be granted here.

You have registered for a test, sent a question via contact form or similar and are waiting for an answer?

We try to answer your inquiry on working days (Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) within 24 hours. We will also try to answer your request as quickly as possible outside this time frame. If you have not received a message from us within 72 hours on working days, please do the following: Please check your spam folder. Sometimes it happens that our message arrives in the spam folder for reasons that are difficult for us to understand. If this is the case, you can easly solve this problem on your own, namely by adding all IAPM-e-mail-addresses to your allowlist. Please check if your mailbox is "full", i.e. if the limit for the mailbox size has been reached. It may therefore no longer be possible to send e-mails. Please note "Dots don't matter in Gmail addresses" -> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7436150?hl=en Please send us your request again. If possible, please also provide an alternative e-mail address with another provider. Here you can check the status of Gmail and Yahoo Mail Our messages are sent with these sender identifiers: support@iapm.net info@iapm.net support@iapm-cert.net

The IAPM certification

The certification can be taken via a reputable online examination procedure. The costs are based on the gross domestic product of your country of origin.

From the IAPM Blog

Become a Network Official

Do you want to get involved in project management in your environment and contribute to the further development of project management? Then become active as an IAPM Network Official or as a Network Official of the IAPM Network University. 

For better readability, we usually only use the generic masculine form in our texts. Nevertheless, the expressions refer to members of all genders.