All questions and answers on the subject "Certificate recognition"

Between which options I can select if I do not fulfill the requirements for the Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) certification?

If you do not meet the admission requirements for certification as a Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM), i.e. not yet a certificate holder of a prerequisite IAPM certificate, you have the option of obtaining one of the qualifying certifications (Cert. Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)) and then, on the basis of this certification, apply for certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM). However, if you already have an adequate certificate from another certification organisation, you can register for IAPM certificate recognition. If your certificate is recognized, you hereby have the admission requirement for the Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM).

Can I also have an already "expired" certificate recognized by the IAPM via certificate recognition?

IAPM's point of view is that at the time of the test you have proven your knowledge and that your certificate do not forfeit such as a university diploma, high school diploma or driver's licence. That is the reason why it is possible to recognize an expired certificate as well.

Can I build on my IAPM certificate acquired through a certificate recognition?

Yes, you can use your recognized IAPM certificate as a basis for certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM). Prerequisite for certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) is the holding of a certificate as Cert. Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM). A certificate as Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) is not sufficient for certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM).

Can I get certified for a higher degree of certification in the course of my certificate recognition?

Certificate recognition is generally possible from the level of Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification. A certificate recognition for the level of the Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) and the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) is not possible. If you have a certificate comparable to the level of the Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) and meet the requirements for the senior certification, you can upgrade to the same Senior. The requirements for Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) are five years of professional experience in the respective PM area, three of those are in a position of significant responsibility. Fees can be found here. An upgrade to Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) is not possible. You will need to take the appropriate certification exam.

Do I need any work experience to pass the Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) certification exam?

No. Experience does not have to be proven, but is an advantage for passing the certification exam, especially in the context of international projects. The prerequisite for admission to certification is a successfully completed certification. as Cert. Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM). However, if you already have an adequate certificate from another certification organisation, you can register for IAPM certificate recognition. If your certificate is recognized, you hereby have the admission requirement for the Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM).

How can I have a certificate from another certification body recognized by the IAPM?

You upload your certificate with all your personal information here, which is verified by a certified IAPM trainer. If your certificate complies with IAPM requirements, you can sign up for the certification that corresponds to your certificate. This step is necessary because of organisational reasons. You do not need to retake a certification exam. You will receive an invoice for the processing fee after signing up. Once you have settled the invoice, you will receive your corresponding IAPM certificate by e-mail and you may retain your certificate from the other project management organisation. If the certificate recognition is refused, you will not be charged. Please note: The recognition of certificates of participation/ completion or certificates which were achieved without an examination is not possible.

How much does it cost if the IAPM rejects my certificate?

If your certificate recognition is rejected by the IAPM, you will not be charged.

How much does the recognition of a certificate via IAPM certificate recognition cost?

The cost of the certificate recognition depends on the type of you current certification and your citizenship. You can calculate the cost of recognizing your certificate here. Please note: The recognition of certificates of participation/ completion or certificates which were achieved without an examination is not possible.

I entered the wrong name during registration, what should I do?

Your certificate will be generated based on the exact information you provided during registration. If you made a mistake during the registration process, which you notice only after payment or when you receive your certificate, please send us an email to support@iapm-cert.net including the following information: IAPMIC Wrong name, which was entered during registration Your correct name     We will then manually adjust your registration. Please note that the processing fee for this is 20 CHF. We therefore recommend that you check your registration information again carefully before submitting them to us. If you notice the mistake before you have paid (e.g. on your invoice), please register again and note the following as a comment: "Second registration due to incorrect first registration" In this case, your first registration will not be processed further. This will not lead to any additional fees for you. If you do not wish to register a second time, we can adjust your name manually - in this case, please proceed as described above. If you decide to let your name adjust manually, a processing fee of 20 CHF will be charged as well.   If your certificate is changed manually after it has been issued, then the current date will appear on the new certificate, which is not customisable.

My name is misspelled on the certificate, what should I do?

Your certificate will be generated based on the exact information you provided during registration. If you made a mistake during the registration process, which you notice only after payment or when you receive your certificate, please send us an email to support@iapm-cert.net including the following information: IAPMIC Wrong name, which is noted on the certificate  Your correct name    We will then manually adjust your certificate. Please note that the processing fee for this is 20 CHF. We therefore recommend that you check your registration information again carefully before submitting them to us. If you notice the mistake before you have paid (e.g. on your invoice), please register again and note the following as a comment: "Second registration due to incorrect first registration". In this case, your first registration will not be processed further. This will not lead to any additional fees for you. If you do not wish to register a second time, we can adjust your name manually - in this case, please proceed as described above. If you decide to let your name adjust manually, a processing fee of 20 CHF will be charged as well.   If your certificate is changed manually after it has been issued, then the current date will appear on the new certificate, which is not customisable.

Which requirements do I have to fulfil in order to pass the certification as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM)?

In addition to expertise in international project management, the certification level as Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) requires a successfully passed certification to Cert. Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM), Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM). However, if you already have an adequate certificate from another certification organisation, you can register for IAPM certificate recognition. If your certificate is recognized, you hereby have the admission requirement for the Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM).

Which services of the IAPM can not be granted a discount?

Pupils, students or persons who are organised in a non-profit association as active members with an official identity card are granted a discount of 20% on the certification. Certifications as Cert. Project Management Trainer (IAPM), Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager as well as certification upgrades and certification recognitions are excluded from this discount.

Why does the IAPM recognize certificates from other organisations?

With a certificate recognition you will get a certificate without having to re-take an exam, so you can qualify for the Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) exam. But certificate recognition does not oblige you to be certified as the Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM). An IAPM certificate remains valid and does not need to be recertified for a lifetime. The certificate of another PM organisation can still be kept. Please note: The recognition of certificates of participation/ completion or certificates which were achieved without an examination is not possible.

The IAPM certification

The certification can be taken via a reputable online examination procedure. The costs are based on the gross domestic product of your country of origin.

From the IAPM Blog

Become a Network Official

Do you want to get involved in project management in your environment and contribute to the further development of project management? Then become active as an IAPM Network Official or as a Network Official of the IAPM Network University. 

For better readability, we usually only use the generic masculine form in our texts. Nevertheless, the expressions refer to members of all genders.