- No professional experience necessary
- Reputated online examination system
- Flexible examination date
- Internationally recognized certificate
- Competitive advantages & career launching pad
- No re-certification necessary
About the certification
It is not necessary to provide proof of project management experience to take this level of certification. Obviously, however, project management experience is an advantage.
- You can either prepare for the certification examination yourself using our recommended literature or take part in a course given by one of our training partners.
- You can test yourself (25 questions in 20 minutes) at any time to find out whether you still have any knowledge deficits. This test also provides you with an idea of the kind of questions and level of difficulty you will encounter in the certification examination.
- When you feel that you have an adequate knowledge level, you can register to take the certification examination.
- When the IAPM has checked your registration, you’ll receive an e-mail invoice with a 10-day payment deadline.
- When payment has been received, you will be sent an e-mail with your login data for the IAPM certification system so that you can take your examination.
- The login data are valid for six months after you receive them.
- If you achieve the necessary pass rate of 65% you will receive your personal IAPM certificate by e-mail after a few days.
- The certificate provides you with life-long proof of your theoretical agile project management knowledge. It is an advantage in job application processes and can give your career a boost.
What does the "Certified Agile Project Manager (IAPM)" certification cost?
Please select your nationality to view the fee that applies to you.
Please note that the discount for students, schoolchildren and job seekers is not granted for "Certified Junior Project Manager (IAPM)" certification!
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is the IAPM?
"Certified Agile Project Manager (IAPM)" is for people who want to effectively manage and implement agile projects. The certificate is proof of theoretical agile project management knowledge.
There is no need to furnish proof of practical experience when you register for certification. If you already have more than 5 years of professional experience in agile project management, "Certified Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)" may be the better choice of certification for you.
"Certified Agile Project Manager (IAPM)" certification confirms your theoretical agile project management knowledge, which includes knowledge on both soft skills and hard facts. Certification can tip the balance in your favour when you're looking for a new job or changing careers. It demonstrates your knowledge in project management, which sets you apart from your rivals.
The certificate also makes you eligible for "Certified International Project Manager (IAPM)" certification, which is only available to IAPM certificate holders*.
As an IAPM certificate holder, you will also receive regular invitations to regional Network Meetings where you can meet other project managers and listen to interesting presentations.
*) With the exception of "Certified Junior Project Manager (IAPM)" certificate holders.
For the "Certified Agile Project Manager (IAPM)" certificate you only have to demonstrate a knowledge of agile project management. However, experience is always an advantage in the certification examination.
For the "Certified Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)" certificate you have to have the knowledge and at least five years of experience in agile project management, three of which in a senior position or a position with major responsibilities.
The selftest (25 questions within 20 minutes) reveals any gaps in your knowledge. It gives you an idea of what the certification examination is like and allows you to check your knowledge level. When you have completed the selftest you will receive an e-mail with information about your knowledge level and recommendations. The selftest can only be done once.
You can take part in a preparatory workshop held by one of our training partners. The workshops practically communicate and illustrate all relevant content. You can find a training partner near to you here.
If you don’t want to attend a workshop, you can also study for the examination yourself. The Agile PM Guide 2.0 provides you with an overview of the topics covered in the certification examination.
Recommended reading to increase your depth of knowledge can be found here.
The certification examination has 120 questions and the candidate has to answer 65% of them correctly to pass. The time allowed is 80 minutes. You receive your examination results by e-mail.
On average, candidates achieve a score of around 72% in our certification examinations.
The certification examination questions relate to all topics covered by the Agile PM Guide 2.0.
If you fail the examination, you can retake it with different questions. In this case, you have to pay the examination fee again. If you also fail this second examination, you have to wait for 12 months before you can have another attempt. If you fail for a third time, you are excluded from any further IAPM certification examinations and will not be able to retake the examination again.
The IAPM’s fees are based on the certification candidate’s nationality. This ensures that project managers of all nations can afford our certifications.
You can find information about the fee for the certification and preparatory test that applies to your nationality on our website in the Fee information section. Please remember that IAPM fees are in Swiss francs (CHF) and the corresponding euro or dollar value can fluctuate from day to day, depending on the conversion rate. Invoices are issued in Swiss francs (CHF).