Association / Organisation
The International Association of Project Managers (IAPM) is a globe-spanning association and certification body for project managers. The organisation is headquartered in Liechtenstein.
The IAPM's purpose is to promote project management competence.
Purpose and functions
The IAPM’s purpose is to promote project management competence.
- to promote project management research, development and practical applications;
- to process and communicate project experiences, research knowledge and teachings;
- to improve quality in the field of project management;
- to foster international cooperation;
- to develop and elaborate project management standards and project manager best practices;
- to define guidelines for basic and advanced project manager training;
- to review and improve project management competence by way of knowledge and competence assessments;
- to implement project manager examinations and certifications;
- the regional and international dissemination, and specialisation of project management knowledge.
It achieves its purpose in particular by:
- the organisation and implementation of basic and advanced training events including:
- certification events
- conferences and congresses
- the promotion and publication of specialist literature
- the formation of:
- networks, professional groups and committees
- support groups
- special-purpose activities
- scholarship grants
- the following awards:
- „Project Manager of the Year“
- „Book of the Year“