All questions and answers on the subject "Certification upgrade"

Can I get certified for a higher degree of certification in the course of my certificate recognition?

Certificate recognition is generally possible from the level of Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification. A certificate recognition for the level of the Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) and the Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) is not possible. If you have a certificate comparable to the level of the Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) or Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) and meet the requirements for the senior certification, you can upgrade to the same Senior. The requirements for Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) are five years of professional experience in the respective PM area, three of those are in a position of significant responsibility. Fees can be found here. An upgrade to Cert. International Project Manager (IAPM) is not possible. You will need to take the appropriate certification exam.

Can I upgrade my Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certificate to a Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certificate?

Yes. As soon as you have enough experience in agile project management, you can upgrade your Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification to a Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) certification. Here you can submit the corresponding application.

Can I upgrade my Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) certificate to a Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) certificate?

Yes. As soon as you have enough experience in traditional project management, you can upgrade your Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) certification to a Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) certification. Here you can submit the corresponding application.

What does it cost to upgrade my certificate from Cert. Project Manager (IAPM) on a certificate for the Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM)?

The IAPM as an international, world-wide association wants to give as many people as possible the possibility of a certification. Since income varies widely from country to country, for the IAPM the gross domestic product of the country, the prospective examinee holds the citizenship, counts as basis for the certification costs. Here you can see the cost of certification as Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) depending on your citizenship.

What does it cost to upgrade my certificate from certification as Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM) on a certification as Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM)?

The IAPM as an international, world-wide association wants to give as many people as possible the possibility of a certification. Since income varies widely from country to country, for the IAPM the gross domestic product of the country, the prospective examinee holds the citizenship, counts as basis for the certification costs. Here you can see the cost of certification as Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) depending on your citizenship.

Which alternative do I have, if my experience is not sufficient for the Cert. Senior Agile Projecter Manager (IAPM) certification?

Based on the individual project data - a maximum of five projects can be named for scoring - and the project experience over the last five years, a total score is determined using a mathematical formula. For admission to certification as Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM) must achieve a minimum score. If you do not reach the minimum score, you can apply for certification as Cert. Agile Project Manager (IAPM). Once you have extended your project experience, you can upgrade the certification to Cert. Senior Agile Project Manager (IAPM).

Which alternative do I have, if my experience is not sufficient for the Cert. Senior Projecter Manager (IAPM) certification?

Based on the individual project data - a maximum of five projects can be named for scoring - and the project experience over the last five years, a total score is determined using a mathematical formula. For admission to certification as Cert. Senior Project Manager (IAPM) must achieve a minimum score. If you do not reach the minimum score, you can apply for certification as Cert. Project Manager (IAPM). Once you have extended your project experience, you can upgrade the certification to Cert. Senior Project Managers (IAPM).

Which services of the IAPM can not be granted a discount?

Pupils, students or persons who are organised in a non-profit association as active members with an official identity card are granted a discount of 20% on the certification. Certifications as Cert. Project Management Trainer (IAPM), Cert. Junior Project Manager (IAPM) and Cert. Junior Agile Project Manager as well as certification upgrades and certification recognitions are excluded from this discount.

The IAPM certification

The certification can be taken via a reputable online examination procedure. The costs are based on the gross domestic product of your country of origin.

From the IAPM Blog

Become a Network Official

Do you want to get involved in project management in your environment and contribute to the further development of project management? Then become active as an IAPM Network Official or as a Network Official of the IAPM Network University. 

For better readability, we usually only use the generic masculine form in our texts. Nevertheless, the expressions refer to members of all genders.